Monday, December 6, 2010

Long time no blog...

Been soooo busy!  WARNING LONG POST LOTS OF PICTURES...
I finished up my presents for my MIL and FIL made a girly birthday card and have been busy decorating my house for the holidays.
  First the present for my FIL.  I made a CD Case pencil holder using the same directions as in this post.
The only difference is the base.  I did not make a tray as I know my FIL won't be changing the pics.  I made a base of cardboard from a cracker box and covered it with black card stock.  I did the same for the X shaped divider, then hot glued them to the cube.

I made my MIL a card set and made mini magazine holders for them and their envelopes.  I found several tutorials but none were for 5x7 cards only smaller so I used several sheets of "ugly" 12 x 12 paper and figured out a pattern that would fit my cards.  Then I used purple and white card stock to make 2 files adhered them together using the side of one base under the other box, then glued a base of black card stock to finish off the bottom.  I then matted decorative glitter card stock from DCWV on the purple scraps from the top of the box to finish off the bottom.


And all together...
I forgot to take a pic of the birthday card but what do ya do????
My lovely friend Krisa nominated me for a RAK over at the TLC blog and I am so excited as I now can get some more sentiments for my OWH cards!!! I am thinking maybe some anniversary and Easter sentiments.... We shall see:)  OK that's all for now  I am making teacher gifts this week so look for more posts before Sunday!
Toodles and Happy Holidays!
Crickitt

No comments:

Post a Comment