Thursday, January 27, 2011

Monster Jam Autograph Album

Hello all!  It's DONE! I have obsessed over this for weeks and I am done before the last minute!!!!! Go Me!  We are taking my Boo to Monster Jam and have passes to the party in the pits.  Where he can get pics and autographs of the drivers.  With that in mind I made him a book to take with him.  Get ready LOTS of pics ahead!

I saw this album on SCS and loved the sentiment so that was where the inspiration for the cover came from.

I took some DCWV paper that looks like sand and crumpled it up multiple times then gently placed it over a $1 album I got from Target. Once glued down it has great texture and I hit the high points with brown ink to make them stand out.  I then took one of Boo's monster trucks with rubber tires (works better than the plastic ones) and inked them with black ink and drove across the front and back covers.
The front image is from S J's Little Musings Charlie is his name.  He is a pre-colored digi stamp that was a freebie about a year ago.  The font is a combo of a bloody Halloween font and a Lucinda handwriting font.  I thought when colored brown it looked as if he finger painted with mud.


Inside are pages with images of his favorite monster trucks from the web and the Monster Jam Kids Place
For Grinder I found a pic of a gear that I tinted red in PS and took scraps from the cover and a deckle edge scissor and created a ramp.

For Monster Mutt Dalmatian (my favorite truck) I used a MS punch set then laced red ribbon through the openings, hand drew and cut out some dog bones as embellishments.


El Toro Loco gave me no end of trouble I remade this page twice.  I drew stands in the background and paper pieced the wall and cut crushed cars off another coloring page and hand colored the cars and dirt.


Maximum Destruction got the flames I made for the original El Toro Loco page.  I paper pieced them out of scraps (I knew I saved all those little pieces for something) I placed them along the side to look as if he has just jumped through flames.

Grave Digger is next I chose a cloud pattern paper in a red brown from DCWV cut out a moon, cloud and the ground from scraps.


Last is my sons current favorite The Mohawk Warrior.  I used a sky background from the same DCWV paper stack and a ramp from cover scraps.

There are many more monster trucks that will be at the event but these are the main ones I know he will want to see.  I have placed blank pages opposite each truck page for the drivers to sign, as well as extra pages in the back in case we have time to visit other trucks.
My plan is to take pictures of him with the drivers and scrapbook the pics and autographs.  I will scan them and place the scanned copies in this book for Boo to have in his room and to take to show and tell.
Well that's it for now,
Toodles
Crickitt

No comments:

Post a Comment