Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas Gifts

So I started working on Christmas gifts last week and since my in laws don't watch my blog I can post their stuff here :)  At least what I have in progress LOL.  For my MIL who is a bridal consultant I thought that I would make an assortment of congratulations cards for her to give to her brides.  On that vein here are 2 cards that I have finished today.
All the white layers are embossed card stock framed in black, the decorative border is a Fiskars punch.  The Wedding cake is a sticker from Martha embellished with pearls.  I then added a black ribbon layered on top of a silver one.  Inside is lined with white paper and a Congratulations on your wedding sentiment.  The dimensions are 5 1/4" x 7 1/4". I CASE'd this design from someone over at SCS but cant find their link for the life of me.  Now on to my favorite of the day;

Where to start???? I follow the blog of the extremely talented fiber artist Stefani Tadio This design is inspired by her work.  I used cream colored floss on cream colored card stock and  stitched a star pattern.  I then added pearls to the points and intersections.  I used my stamp and flower dies from Heartfelt Creations. I stamped the flowers with Dune ink which I also edged the layers of the card with.  I placed the star on a layer of velum that I embossed with my BigShot .  I mounted that on another layer of cream colored card stock and used pearls to cover the glue dots :)   I punched a left over strip of velum with a Fiskars border punch  and mounted that on the back of another strip of card stock stamped with dune ink and embossed with strait  lines to frame the sentiment. The dimensions of this card are 5"x5".
More cards to post tomorrow as I have also made more Valentine's for OWH
Thanks for looking
Toodles
Crickitt

No comments:

Post a Comment